The Public Works department oversees approximately 250 kilometres of municipally-owned roads (136 km paved and 113 km unpaved), and numerous bridges and road culverts. 

The department also oversees the maintenance of the streetlights that line the residential streets.

In the case of an emergency, please contact (519)331-2068.

Street lighting

Any street light issues should be reported to the Public Works department.

Municipal drains

Municipal drains are a very important part of storm water management for the rural areas of our municipality. They help to preserve and maintain a healthy environment for the agricultural regions in Plympton-Wyoming. No alteration of a municipal drain can take place without the prior approval of the Drainage Superintendent.

Requests for drainage improvements and maintenance should be directed to the Drainage Superintendent. If you would like to fill out a drain maintenance request form, a drain improvement form or a petition for a new drain, please return to form to the Municipal Office. 

For additional information, see our Municipal Drains page.

Summer maintenance

Summer maintenance activities include:
  • Sidewalk repairs
  • Grading
  • Re-graveling
  • Dust control
  • Ditching
  • Roadside mowing
  • Tree trimming
  • Brush cleanup
  • Road sign installation/maintenance
  • Construction projects
  • Bridge work
  • Pavement patching

Winter maintenance

Winter maintenance activities include:

  • Snow plowing
  • Sanding/salting
  • Ice blading of gravel roads
  • Snow removal in town and sidewalk plowing

View the 2023-2024 Winter Operations Plan for more information.

Be prepared. Check out the road conditions and weather conditions before heading out.  

Winter Maintenance Notice 

Roads and right-of-way policies

View the Streets By-law (By-law 2018-79) to learn about road and right-of-way policies. 

View the Traffic and Parking (By-law 2018-72 with Amendment 4 of 2021) to learn about traffic and parking policies.

Report an issue

Please contact the Public Works department to report any road, sidewalk or streetlight issue.