The Town of Plympton-Wyoming is pleased to issue Marriage Licences.

Note: The Town of Plympton-Wyoming does not conduct civil marriage ceremonies at this time.


Municipalities are delegated by the Province of Ontario with issuing marriage licenses, however the Province is still the governing body in relation to marriages and issues the final marriage certificate after the marriage for any marriages that take place in the Province.  


Only one party need apply in person at the municipal office. Both parties must sign the application form using full name(s) - not initials.

Upon submission of a completed application, applicants must provide the listed pieces of identification to be copied on site and pay the licence fee. 

Upon submission of completed application and receipt of payment, the Town will complete your marriage licence and contact the applicant(s) to complete signing on site at the Town of Plympton-Wyoming Municipal Office. 

A proper street address for both applicants must be included on the marriage licence application.  Post office box numbers are not an acceptable form of addresses.

 $115.00 (HST exempt)

Two pieces of identification are required for each applicant - one piece of identification must include your photo.

Examples of acceptable identification:

- government issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates 

- valid passport

- record of immigrant landing

- Canadian Citizenship Card

- valid driver's licence 

- valid Ontario Photo Card

Ontario Health Cards are not an accepted form of identification.


Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to obtain a licence. 

Applicants who are 16 or 17 years of age may obtain a licence if they comply with the provisions of the Marriage Act respecting parental consent. No person under the age of 16 may be married. 

 Divorce or Annulment 

If an applicant has been granted a divorce or annulment in Canada the applicant is to provide the issuer of marriage licences the original Decree Absolute or a certified true copy thereof, or the original Certificate of Divorce or a certified true copy.

Photocopies of the above noted divorce papers will not be accepted. Once the issuer of marriage licences has examined the papers, they will be returned to the applicant. A copy of the original may be taken by the marriage licence issuer.

If an applicant has been granted a divorce outside of Canada, the applicant must obtain authorization from the Office of the Registrar General

If either applicant is widowed, the applicant must provide the issuer of marriage licences an original death certificate or a funeral director’s statement with the marriage licence application.
A marriage licence is valid anywhere in Ontario for a period of 3 months/90 days from the date of issue.  There are no refunds for an expired licence.